Parkdale, 45 Ballynahinch Road, Royal Hillsborough, County Down, BT26 6BB
Description & Features
We are delighted to present 45 and 45a Ballynahinch Road to the market. A substantial Edwardian detached family home with the benefit of a delightful rear Annex/Studio. Sensitively restored and extended in 2006 with charming light, bright and modern interiors throughout. The rear Annex is ideal for modern family living or for those with office/sudio needs with indepenedant parking and separate heating system. All nestled in private and mature gardens with sheltered outdoor seating areas.
Situated within ease of walking distance to Royal Hillsborough and all of its amenities to include the Castle Grounds, Forest Park and a host of popular bars, restaurants and cafes. It is also in close proximity to Downshire Primary School and Lisnagarvey Hockey Club with ease of access to Belfast, Dublin and beyond via A1 and M1 roadlinks.
Rarely does a home with such character and modern convenience come to the market in such proximity to the Royal village. Early viewing is highly recommended.
- Charming Edwardian Home dating to c.1918 with modern renovations and adjoining self-contained Annex.
- The Self Contained Annex (no. 45a) presents Two Bedrooms, Open plan kitchen living, Separate Sunroom, Bathroom, ensuite & utility.
- Annex may be suitable for alternative uses such as offices/studio/gym (subject to necessary consents)
- Light, bright and modern accommodation throughout.
- Well-proportioned living areas with twin aspects offer cosy reception areas.
- Generous Open Plan kitchen diner to the rear ideal for modern family living.
- The main property (no.45) offers four well-proportioned bedrooms plus a Study (fifth bedroom)
- Gas fired central heating
- uPVC double glazing
- Wired for intruder alarm system
- Two large outbuildings to side of main dwelling
- Exceptionally convenient loaction close to the amenities of Royal Hillsborough such as parks, restaurants and cafe's.
- Ease of access to A1 and M1 Roadlinks and local bus links also very close to hand
- A further paddock to the rear of the property will be available to the purchaser on an attractive long term lease (minimum 10 years)
- Early enquiries and viewings are highly recommended
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Porcelain tiled floor.
- Solid oak wide plank flooring.
- LIVING ROOM: 4.39m x 3.28m (14' 5" x 10' 9")
- Period fireplace and wood-burning stove. Period corniced ceiling and ceiling rose. Solid oak wide plank flooring. Window casements. Picture rail. Period skirtings.
- DRAWING ROOM: 4.62m x 3.56m (15' 2" x 11' 8")
- Solid oak wide plank flooring. Tongue and grooved ceiling. Black slate hearth. Window casements. Views to Forest Park and side garden. Piped for gas fire.
- REAR LOBBY:
- Coat closet. Grey porcelain tiled floor.
- Concealed cistern WC. Wash hand basin. Grey porcelain tiled floor.
- UTILITY ROOM: 3.53m x 2.36m (11' 7" x 7' 9")
- Services to washing machine. Tumble dryer. Freezer. Range of white high gloss cupboards. White tiled splashbacks. Sink unit. Extractor fan. Grey porcelain tiled floor.
- SPLIT LEVEL KITCHEN WITH DINING AREA: 8m x 4.93m (26' 3" x 16' 2")
- High gloss gunmetal grey units with white sold surface worktops. Feature glass splashback. Island unit. Glazed display cabinets doors. Feature lighting. Neutral grey porcelain tiled floor. French doors to patio and pergola area and side garden. Bay window with sliding doors to outdoor seating area. Integrated 'Neff' oven, microwave, and induction hob. Extractor fan. Plumbed for dishwasher.
- Stairs with moulded spindles and pine handrail and newell posts to . . .
- Feature window giving views to surrounding fields.
- BEDROOM (1): 4.65m x 3.71m (15' 3" x 12' 2")
- Windows with casement surrounds offering views to Forest Park and side garden. Tongue and grooved timber ceilings. Vanity basin.
- BEDROOM (2): 4.65m x 3.28m (15' 3" x 10' 9")
- Windows with casement surrounds offering views to Forest Park and fields. Tongue and grooved timber ceilings.
- STUDY/BEDROOM (5): 3.23m x 2.36m (10' 7" x 7' 9")
- BATHROOM: 3.66m x 2.36m (12' 0" x 7' 9")
- Jacuzzi white sanitary ware and 'David Chipperfield' designed mixer taps and 'Porcellanosa' tiled floor and feature wall. Shower enclosure. Shaver socket. Feature lighting. Towel radiator. Glass display shelving.
- BEDROOM (3): 3.68m x 3.1m (12' 1" x 10' 2")
- Window to side garden.
- SHOWER ROOM: 2.51m x 1.68m (8' 3" x 5' 6")
- Counter top basin and wall mounted mixer tap. Feature lighting. WC with concealed cistern. Composite stone worktops. 'Porcellanosa' tiled wall and integrated mirror. Tiled floor. Heated towel rail.
- BEDROOM (4): 4.95m x 2.92m (16' 3" x 9' 7")
- SELF CONTAINED ANNEX:
- The annex provides fully self-contained accommodation with its own outdoor space, independent heating system.
- Solid oak flooring.
- KITCHEN/DINING AREA: 5.56m x 5.26m (18' 3" x 17' 3")
- Range of white kitchen units and built-in appliances open to . . .
- LIVING ROOM: 3.18m x 2.59m (10' 5" x 8' 6")
- Solid oak flooring. Views to paddock area and pitched ceilings. Glazed oak doors to sun room with pitched ceilings and feature window.
- BEDROOM (1): 3.66m x 2.74m (12' 0" x 9' 0")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Power shower. WC. Wash hand basin. Partially tiled.
- BEDROOM (2): 3.56m x 2.24m (11' 8" x 7' 4")
- BATHROOM: 3.02m x 1.6m (9' 11" x 5' 3")
- Bath. Bidet. WC. Wash hand basin. Heated towel rail.
- UTILITY ROOM: 2.95m x 2.57m (9' 8" x 8' 5")
- Sink unit. Range of cupboard and built-in appliances.
- Floor attic with loft ladder.
- We have been advised the tenure for this property is Freehold, we recommend the purchaser and their solicitor verify the details.
- For period April 2022 to March 2023 £ 2,157.93 (45 Ballynahinch Road). For period April 2022 to March 2023 £ 1,098.58 (45a Ballynahinch Road).
Type of Tenure
Location of Parkdale
When leaving Royal Hillsborough via Ballynahinch Street, continue out the Ballynahinch Road and no.45/45a are located on the left hand side after Governors Gate. No.45 can be accessed off the Ballynahinch Road and no.45a can be accessed separatley via the Comber Road.View Map
Current Energy Rating
Potential Energy Rating
Broadband Speed Availability
Suitable for general internet use, like accessing emails and browsing social media or other websites.
Potential speeds in this area
Costs to Consider
Compare home insurance quotes with
Legal Fees Calculator
Making an offer on a property? You will need a solicitor.
Budget now for legal costs by using our fees calculator.
- On the panels of all the mortgage lenders?
- Specialists in Conveyancing?
- Online Case Tracking available?
- Award-winning Client Service?