Winnow, 12a Ashgrove, Killinchy Road, Comber, BT23
Description & Features
The Perfect Loughside Location
‘Ashgrove’ is set in the beautiful surroundings of Strangford Lough; this spectacular new development is situated off the Killinchy Road on the south side of Comber. The area boasts a selection of schools, restaurants, cafes, independent retailers and leisure attractions. You will be spoilt for choice with local attractions such as the National Trust home at Mount Stewart, estate houses and country parks at Scrabo, Delamont Country Park and the Wetlands Centre at Castle Espie. When its time to relax and grab a bite to eat there is a great selection of local restaurants well known for their enviable reputations which extend across Northern Ireland and beyond.
The tranquil shores of Strangford Lough offer visitors the chance to experience sailing, kayaking, diving and boating.
During the good weather the Lough is popular with swimmers or just for paddling in.
Bird watching has become a very popular pastime in the area. Castle Espie is an ever-popular location for wildlife and bird watching. It is home to almost the entire world population of Brent Geese during the winter months. The area provides a unique opportunity to experience this beautiful species and nature at its best.
North Down Living
Residents of North Down have a wealth of choices for downtime, hospitality and leisure.
The location has great private and public transport links; being close to the dual carriage way connecting to Belfast City. This route offers the convenience of commuting by car or public transport. Translink buses provide great access to local amenities on a regular basis. The town of Comber lies just a few minutes away, with Belfast less than 30 minutes.
The Comber Greenaway offers cyclists a 7-mile traffic free cycle route; part of the National Cycle Network along the old Belfast to Comber railway line. Along the route you can take in views of Stormont and Scrabo Tower. For those keen to get out and about and be active the pathway leads towards the leafy suburbs of East Belfast and Ballyhackamore. These areas also boast great eateries and a café culture.
Sporting opportunities are also in abundance, Comber is home to North Down Cricket Club, one of Irelands oldest and most famous cricket clubs. Strangford Lough Yacht Club and Knock Golf Club are within easy reach for those seeking a more relaxed type of sporting activity. Comber leisure centre has excellent facilities for recreation all year round. Fitness classes, gym, health suite, floodlit Astro turf pitch and four tennis courts are just some of the many amenities to take advantage of.
Comber, the adaptation of “Am Comer”, an Irish word meaning confluence gives the town its name. The confluence of two rivers, The Glen River and the Enler River which meet here on their way to Strangford Lough. There is believed to have been a church here since the time of St Patrick, while a Cistercian abbey was founded in around 1200 on the site of the present Church of Ireland church, a site likely chosen to take advantage of the good access to Strangford Lough.
Ashgrove occupies land that was originally used as the bleachers green for a flax spinning mill that helped make the town what it is today.
The Andrews family made the area a centre of linen production by the second half of the 1700’s. Comber is also famous for being the birthplace of Thomas Andrews (born in 1873), the RMS Titanic's shipbuilder, who died in the sinking of the Titanic in 1912.
The 20th century saw Comber lose much of its industry but re-establish itself as a commuter town for the Belfast urban area. The town still remains home to a number of independent and artisan stores and holds a farmer’s market on the first Thursday of every month.
- PRICE INCLUDES GARDEN ROOM
- Internal Features:
- Comprehensive range of electrical sockets throughout, including TV and telephone points
- Painted internal doors with chrome ironmongery
- Painted moulded skirting, architraves, stair handrails and balustrades
- Smoke, Heat and CO2 detectors fitted as standard
- A choice of fully fitted kitchens including doors, handles, worktops with matching upstands with glass splash back
- Integrated appliances including built in oven, electric hob, glass extractor hood, dishwasher fridge freezer and washing machine
- Feature downlighters to kitchen
- Bathrooms, Ensuites and WC’s
- Contemporary white sanitary ware and chrome fittings
- Feature vanity unit in main bathroom
- Thermostatic drench shower to main bathroom
- Heated chrome towel rail in main bathroom
- Feature down lighters to main bathroom and ensuite
- Floor Coverings & Tiles
- Ceramic floor tiling to kitchen, dining area, entrance hall, store, bathroom, ensuite and WC
- Tiling to shower enclosures and around bath
- Splash back tiling to hand basins
- Carpet and underlay to lounge, family room, stairs, landing and all bedrooms
Type of Tenure