'Braeside Country House', 10 Brown's Brae, Holywood, BT18 0HL
Description & Features
The Agents Perspective…
"From its elevated position overlooking Holywood and Belfast Lough, this charming former farm house has been extended and renovated over the years but still retains all of its welcoming atmosphere.
In addition to the space on offer in the main house, there is an attached, self-contained, two bed room apartment which would be ideal for an extended family or those with semi-dependant relatives. There is also the opportunity to secure a rental income here as the apartment is registered and approved by the Tourist Board.
A truly delightful home - for all the family"
- THE FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW...
- Four or five bedrooms plus two bedroom self contained apartment
- Charming, period, former farm house with later additions
- Lovely situation backing onto fields, set off by mature gardens and with Lough views
- Oil fired central heating
- Double glazing
- Cloakroom, bathroom, contemporary ensuite bathroom and second ensuite bedroom
- Apartment has two bedrooms both ensuite
- Convenient, private mature location overlooking Holywood to Belfast Lough
- Parking for several cars, boat, caravan, horse box etc
- Perfect for extended family or those wishing to continue with Tourist Board approved rental of apartment
- Site area c.1 acre
- Note: Planning permission has been granted for four ‘guest cottages’ and associated lundry / store in an adjoining paddock and is available in addition by separate negotiation, if requir
- Planning Ref LA06/2020/0315/F dated 8th April 2022
- Private front door with leaded glass inset.
- RECEPTION HALL: 5.11m x 4.27m (16' 9" x 14' 0")
- Exposed stained timber floor. Exposed beam ceiling. Feature period stone fireplace with cast iron tiled inset, pine surround, tiled hearth gas fire.
- Low flush wc, vanity unit with wash hand basin. Exposed stained timber floor. Built in cloaks cupboard.
- FORMAL DINING ROOM 6.48m x 3.96m (21' 3" x 13' 0")
- Exposed beam ceiling. Double doors to:
- DRAWING ROOM: 5.94m x 5.41m (19' 6" x 17' 9")
- Feature inglenook fireplace with Stovax glass fronted multi fuel stove, tiled hearth, rustic beam surround. Double uPVC double glazed doors to sun terrace and rear garden. Lough views.
- SNUG 3.73m x 3.66m (12' 3" x 12' 0")
- Oak effect flooring. Open plan to:
- KITCHEN AND CASUAL DINING AREA 6.32m x 4.57m (20' 9" x 15' 0")
- Extensive range of white oak high and low level cupboards, polished granite worktops with inset one and a half tub stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Dark green oil fired Aga range. Terracotta tiled floor. Dishwasher. Space for dining table and chairs. PANTRY 6'9" x 5'3" as recess for: Range of high and low level cupboards, stainless steel oven, four ring ceramic hob, 'American' fridge freezer. Terracotta tiled floor, tiled walls. Extractor.
- StUDY/OFFICE OR KIDS TV ROOM 3.58m x 3.05m (11' 9" x 10' 0")
- Extensive range of built in wardrobes and storage with sliding doors. Oak effect flooring.
- UTILITY ROOM: 3.81m x 2.44m (12' 6" x 8' 0")
- Extensive range of built in high and low level cupboards, single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps. Plumbed for washing machine. Oil fired central heating boiler.
- REAR HALLWAY TO APARTMENT
- Staircase with natural timber handrail and spindles to:
- BEDROOM (1): 4.8m x 4.11m (15' 9" x 13' 6")
- Plus bay window with delightful views over garden to Belfast Lough and beyond. Recessed low lighting.
- WALK IN DRESSING ROOM
- ENSUITE BATHROOM: 2.97m x 2.06m (9' 9" x 6' 9")
- Comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, chrome heated towel rails, twin wash hand basins with cupboards below, fully cover shower cubicle with Aqualisa thermostatically controlled shower fitting, low flush wc, recessed lighting, extractor fan, bleached oak effect flooring.
- BEDROOM (2): 4.88m x 2.59m (16' 0" x 8' 6")
- BEDROOM (3): 4.57m x 3.05m (15' 0" x 10' 0")
- Including wardrobe recess.
- BEDROOM (4): 4.42m x 3.51m (14' 6" x 11' 6")
- FAMILY BATHROOM 3.43m x 2.74m (11' 3" x 9' 0")
- Including shelved linen cupboard. White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush wc, half tiled walls, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower, tiled floor.
- Shelved hotpress with lagged copper cylinder.
- First floor bedroom (3) of apartment could be incorporated as bedroom (5) in main house with its ensuite.
- Gravel driveway and parking for several cars, boat, caravan, horsebox etc. Brick pavior parking for two cars at front door.
- Crazy paved sun terrace - upper and lower, private and sheltered. summer house. Beautiful mature gardens to front, side and rear in lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and barbeque area. Mature trees and hedges.
- LARGE TIMBER GARDEN/SHED/STORE
- ADJOINING SELF CONTAINED COTTAGE/APARTMENT
- Painted half stable door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Oak laminate flooring.
- LIVING/DINING ROOM 5.82m x 5.16m (19' 1" x 16' 11")
- Feature reclaimed fireplace with timber mantle, reclaimed tiled hearth, piped for gas fire. Oak laminate flooring. Double glazed velux window. Recessed lighting. Space for dining table and chairs.
- KITCHEN: 3.85m x 3.27m (12' 8" x 10' 9")
- Extensive range of oak high and low level cupboards, laminate worktops, one and a half tub single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer taps, tile effect flooring, tiled splash back, under oven, four ring ceramic hob, stainless steel splash back, cooker canopy/extractor fan. Plumbed for washing machine and dishwasher. Oil fired central heating boiler. Hotpress with lagged copper cylinder. Recessed lighting.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- Oak laminate flooring to:
- BEDROOM (1): 3.81m x 3.38m (12' 6" x 11' 1")
- Vaulted ceiling. Double glazed velux window.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM: 2.71m x 1m (8' 11" x 3' 3")
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled floor, fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled shower, extractor fan.
- BEDROOM (2): 3.91m x 3.81m (12' 10" x 12' 6")
- Recessed lighting. Double aspect.
- ENSUITE BATHROOM: 2.71m x 1.88m (8' 11" x 6' 2")
- White suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps, shower over with thermostatically controlled shower, fully tiled, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, extractor fan. Access also from hall.
- Staircase to first floor. Double glazed velux window.
- BEDROOM (3): 4.62m x 3.28m (15' 2" x 10' 9")
- Corner window with Lough views.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- White suite comprising low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled floor, fully tiled shower cubicle with Mira shower.
- Flagged sheltered patio and barbeque area.
Type of Tenure
Location of 'Braeside Country House'
Just above junction of Upper Croft Road and Croft Road (past the Coaches).View Map
Costs to Consider
Compare home insurance quotes with
Legal Fees Calculator
Making an offer on a property? You will need a solicitor.
Budget now for legal costs by using our fees calculator.
- On the panels of all the mortgage lenders?
- Specialists in Conveyancing?
- Online Case Tracking available?
- Award-winning Client Service?