All three barns are situated within a 4.5-acre, hamlet-style rural setting with uninterrupted views stretching across the Braid Valley, Slemish Mountain and the historic ruins of Skerry Church, perched atop a rocky outcrop and towering above the surrounding fields. Each property also benefits from private gardens and shared land including a wildflower meadow and mature hazel woodland.
The Copper Barns are in a perfect location for those who require a rural home. Known as the Garden Village of Ulster, the beautiful village of Broughshane is not only home to some of the best floral displays in the country; it also has a good selection of local shops, restaurants and pubs, and is just three miles away from the larger town of Ballymena.
My Important Places
Add important places to see how far they are from this property.
LIVING / KITCHEN / DINING: 11.2m x 4.98m (36' 9" x 16' 4")
BEDROOM (2): 4.93m x 3.05m (16' 2" x 10' 0")
BEDROOM (3): 4.93m x 3.05m (16' 2" x 10' 0")
UTILITY ROOM: 1.88m x 1.68m (6' 2" x 5' 6")
STORE: 1.68m x 1.09m (5' 6" x 3' 7")
WC: 1.68m x 0.86m (5' 6" x 2' 10")
MASTER BEDROOM: 6.12m x 5m (20' 1" x 16' 5")
ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM: 2.95m x 2.82m (9' 8" x 9' 3")
STUDY: 4.65m x 2.06m (15' 3" x 6' 9")
Barn 2 is characterised by two independent living and sleeping quarters constructed of two separate barns and fused seamlessly together by a glazed entrance link.
Enveloped by a wildflower meadow, this barn uses a muted material pallet of salvaged black stone, rheinzink, glass and sustainable timber to create a spacious, contemporary home, breathing new life into the original barn on which it so comfortably sits. Split over three levels it is punctuated with dramatic full height vaulted ceilings and glazed elevations that open onto spectacular views across the Braid Valley and Slemish mountain; flooding the rooms
with natural light.
A notable feature of this design is the master bedroom suite that occupies the entire first floor of the west barn, incorporating a private study, dressing room, bathroom and private balcony.
Each barn will be completed as a bespoke project in conjunction with the individual purchaser. As such final specifications can be tailored exclusively to meet your own specific requirements.
- Award winning design
- Architecturally framed views of Slemish mountain, the Braid Valley and Skerry Church
- 10 Year NHBC Warranty
- Option of conventional oil or renewable heating (NB: Barn One is entirely energy passive and benefits from solar hot water and a mechanical heat recovery system)
- Generous electrical specification with pre-wiring for sockets, BT and SKY Plus
- Wifi smart heating controls
- Mains wired smoke, heat detectors and security alarm pre-wiring
- Internal walls and woodwork painted in neutral tones
- High efficiency double glazed hard wood windows and doors
- Private balconies with glass balustrades
- Exterior walls constructed of reclaimed local black stone with rustic brick accents
- Internal skeletal steel frame to support balconies and cantilevered decks
- Maintenance free Rheinzink wall and roof cladding
- Hardwood soffits
- Super insulated and air tightness tested
- Landscaped private gardens, patios and sun terraces
- Feature exterior mood and arrival lighting
- Outside water taps and RCD sockets
- Option of detached garage and car port
- 1/3 ownership of common areas extending to c.4 acres including, wild flower meadow, formal gardens with feature landscaped waterfall, hazel woodland and grass paddock
- A management company will be established and appointed to maintain the common areas
- A generous PC allowance is included for kitchens, bathrooms, tiling and solid fuel stoves
Status: For Sale
Stamp Duty: £11,750*
* Stamp duty rates provided as a guide only. Additional charges may apply. Please refer here for more information.