'Lemonfield House', 6 Lemonfield Avenue, HOLYWOOD, County Down, BT18 9NG
Description & Features
Lemonfield House was built in 1859 by Henry Lemon, a Holywood merchant, and has undergone various transformations over the years, resulting in a spacious family home that will suit a variety of purchasers.
On entering the house one is immediately struck by the welcoming atmosphere, high ceilings and period features, whilst further investigation reveals a wealth of accommodation that would suit the growing family; alternatively the house could be easily separated to accommodate two families.
The house is situated on a good-sized plot with spacious landscaped gardens to the rear. Lemonfield Avenue is just a short walk from Holywood's bustling town centre, local amenities and transport facilities. This is an excellent family home in one of Northern Ireland's most popular and convenient locations.
- Attractive and very well maintained home in a prime Holywood position with lough views
- Adaptable accommodation currently comprising:
- 6 bedrooms, one of which has an ensuite shower room
- 2 additional attic rooms
- Family bathroom to include shower
- Separate shower room
- 4 reception rooms
- Modern fitted kitchen with casual dining area
- Second preparation kitchen
- Gas-fired central heating
- uPVC double-glazed
- Spacious landscaped private rear gardens with pedestrian access to Demesne Road
- Hardwood front door to . . .
- ORIGINAL TILED ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Composite inner door to . . .
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, storage understairs.
- LIVING ROOM: 6.8m x 3.7m (22' 4" x 12' 2")
- Into bay. Carved fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, slate hearth and open fire, original glazed display cabinets with cupboards below, pine wood flooring, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- DINING ROOM: 6.6m x 3.7m (21' 8" x 12' 2")
- Carved wood fireplace with cast iron and tiled inset, slate hearth and open fire, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- STUDY: 3.7m x 2.1m (12' 2" x 6' 11")
- Cornice ceiling.
- KITCHEN WITH CASUAL DINING AREA: 8.1m x 4.2m (26' 7" x 13' 9")
- Solid wood kitchen with excellent range of high and low level units, granite work surfaces, twin Belfast sink unit, Aga double oven, grill and five ring induction hob, Neff dishwasher, American-style fridge freezer, walk-in pantry, ceramic tiled floor, LED lighting. Casual dining area with feature corner window overlooking patio/garden.
- UTILITY ROOM / REAR PORCH:
- Range of units, plumbed for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, ceramic tiled floor, uPVC door to outside.
- SECONDARY PREP KITCHEN: 3.8m x 3.3m (12' 6" x 10' 10")
- Range of units, 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, electric cooker points, ceramic tiled floor.
- FAMILY ROOM: 3.7m x 3.3m (12' 2" x 10' 10")
- Aluminium sliding doors to side patio, shelved alcove with cupboard below.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- uPVC door to outside.
- GAMES ROOM: 5.8m x 3.6m (19' 0" x 11' 10")
- Cornice ceiling.
- Low-flush wc, wash-hand basin.
- Jacuzzi style wood panelled bath, low flush wc, separate fully tiled shower cubicle with Aqualisa electric shower, vanity unit, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, low voltage spotlights, extractor fan.
- LINEN CUPBOARD:
- Copper cylinder, built-in shelves.
- PRINCIPAL BEDROOM: 4.3m x 4.1m (14' 1" x 13' 5")
- Built-in robes with mirror-fronted doors, lough view, picture rail.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic Aqualisa shower unit, low flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, ceramic tiled floor, low voltage spotlights, extractor fan.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled shower cubicle with thermostatic Aqualisa shower unit, low-flush wc, vanity unit, ceramic tiled floor.
- BEDROOM (2): 4.7m x 4.3m (15' 5" x 14' 1")
- Excellent range of built-in robes with corner shelving, exposed timber flooring, cornice ceiling, picture rail, lough view.
- BEDROOM (3): 3.7m x 3m (12' 2" x 9' 10")
- Exposed timber flooring, picture rail.
- REAR HALLWAY:
- BEDROOM (4): 3.9m x 2.7m (12' 10" x 8' 10")
- Exposed timber flooring, vanity unit, built-in robe.
- BEDROOM (5): 4.3m x 2.8m (14' 1" x 9' 2")
- Exposed timber flooring, double built-in robe, dressing table and drawers.
- BEDROOM (6): 3m x 3m (9' 10" x 9' 10")
- Exposed timber flooring, built-in cupboard.
- ATTIC ROOM (1): 3.6m x 3.5m (11' 10" x 11' 6")
- Office, storage into eaves.
- ATTIC ROOM (2): 3.7m x 3.3m (12' 2" x 10' 10")
- Exercise room, exposed and painted flooring, storage into eaves.
- Rear: Landscaped rear garden with brick pavior pathways, pergola and flower beds. Pedestrian gateway with access to Demesne Road. Side: Pebbled area and brick pavior patio seating and dining area.
- DOUBLE GARAGE: 6.4m x 6.1m (21' 0" x 20' 0")
- At widest points. Up and over door, light and power.
First Floor Return
Type of Tenure
Location of 'Lemonfield House'
At junction of Demesne Road and Downshire Road.View Map
Broadband Speed Availability
Recommended for larger than average households who have multiple devices simultaneously streaming, working or browsing online. Also perfect for serious online gamers who want fast speed and no freezing.
Potential speeds in this area
Costs to Consider
Compare home insurance quotes with
Legal Fees Calculator
Making an offer on a property? You will need a solicitor.
Budget now for legal costs by using our fees calculator.
- On the panels of all the mortgage lenders?
- Specialists in Conveyancing?
- Online Case Tracking available?
- Award-winning Client Service?