33 Derryvolgie Avenue, Malone, Belfast, BT9 6FN
Description & Features
Built in the 1800's this incredible attractive bay fronted Detached Residence occupies a magnificent site in one of Belfast's undoubtedly most sought after residential locations. The property has been modernised throughout yet still retains its original character and charm and many of the intricate architectural features to compliment a house built in this era. The excellent family sized accommodation consisting of four reception rooms, five bedrooms, two ensuites and main bathroom and a secret study off the kitchen and living room residing in a beautiful mature setting with a large secluded south facing walled in rear garden, in addition with a fully insulated Garden Room which includes a gym and home office. In convenient proximity to both leading primary and secondary schools, Belfast city centre, Lisburn Road, shops, Parks and other main transport routes, all adds up to making this a fabulous family home.
- Substantial Rustic Brick Detached Victorian Residence
- Reception Hall with Reclaimed Oak Parquet Floor
- Formal Drawing Room with Original Marble Fireplace with Bay Window & Original Working Box Shutters
- Superb Formal Dining Room, Original Fireplace
- Family Room with Bay Window & Gas Coal Effect Fire
- Modern Fully Fitted Kitchen/Living/Dining, Breakfast Island & Italian Marble Worktops, Gas Fired 4 Oven Aga, French Doors to Rear Garden
- Secret Study Room / Home Office Off Kitchen
- Additional Second Kitchen
- 5 Good Sized Bedrooms, 2 Incorporating Ensuite Facilities
- Superb Principal Suite with Large Walk-in Dressing Room & Luxurious Ensuite Shower Room with Underfloor Heating
- Family Bathroom with White Suite & Underfloor Heating
- First Floor Laundry Room
- Magnificent Landscaped South Facing Garden to Rear, Box Hedging, Raised Stone Patio Area Ideal for Outdoor Entertaining, Feature Brick Wall
- Excellent Driveway Parking Accessed Via Electric Gates
- Garden Room with Built-in Gym & Home Office
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Majority Hardwood Double Glazed Window Frames
- Within Walking Distance of Many Leading Primary, Secondary & Grammar Schools in the Area
- RECEPTION PORCH:
- Original Victorian tiled floor, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, feature stained glass window. Hardwood glazed and bevelled inner door with side light and top light to . . .
- Original hardwood front door with glazed inset to . . .
- RECEPTION HALL:
- Oak Parquet wood floor, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, part wood panelled walls, Newell post, storage under stairs. Glazed bevelled inner door to . . .
- White suite comprising high flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, oak wooden floor, glazed top light, frosted glazed side light, part wood panelled walls.
- DRAWING ROOM: 7.09m x 4.78m (23' 3" x 15' 8")
- (into bay window). Original marble fireplace with tiled hearth,cornice ceiling , ceiling rose, picture rail, exposed and treated wooden floor, original working box shutters.
- FAMILY ROOM: 5.31m x 4.78m (17' 5" x 15' 8")
- (into bay window). Original marble fireplace with gas coal effect fire, granite hearth.oak wooden floor, original working shutters, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, picture rail,
- FORMAL DINING ROOM: 8.31m x 4.75m (27' 3" x 15' 7")
- Magnificent marble fireplace with cast iron tiled inset and tiled hearth, dual aspect windows, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, exposed and treated wooden floor.
- SECOND KITCHEN: 3.94m x 2.21m (12' 11" x 7' 3")
- Range of high and low level units, laminate work surfaces, integrated four ring ceramic hob, extractor fan above,built-in Neff high level oven, stainelss steel single drainer 1.5 bowl sink unit with mixer tap, part tiled walls, pull-out bin disposal, integrated dishwasher, integrated fridge, ceramic tiled floor, built-in wine rack, low voltage spotlights, hatch to roofspace.
- KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING AREA: 11.81m x 5.13m (38' 9" x 16' 10")
- (at widest points). Range of high and low level units, Italian marble worktops, single drainer Belfast sink unit with mixer tap, pull-out bin disposal unit, plumbed for American fridge freezer, integrated dishwasher, built-in larder cupboards and built-in frosted glazed display units, gas fired four oven Aga with canopy above, low voltage spotlights, tiled splash back and breakfast island unit with marble worktop, sink unit with mixer tap, built-in breakfast bar,dual aspect windows, cornice ceiling. Open to . . .
- AMPLE DINING & LIVING SPACE:
- Double glazed French doors to rear garden with beautiful mature outlook, glazed casual sun/family area.
- SECRET STUDY: 5.18m x 1.88m (17' 0" x 6' 2")
- Built-in bespoke study area with laminate worktops, built-in shelving and drawers, dual aspect windows.
- BOILER ROOM:
- Built-in Worcester gas fired boiler (installed in September 2022), pressurized water system, built-in shelving, ceramic tiled floor.
- Feature original stained glass arch window.
- BEDROOM (5): 4.19m x 2.9m (13' 9" x 9' 6")
- Dual aspect windows, cornice ceiling, picture rail.
- BEDROOM (2): 4.8m x 3.89m (15' 9" x 12' 9")
- Picture rail, hatch to roofspace, mature outlook to rear garden.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Duravit white suite comprising close coupled WC, floating wash hand basin with chrome mixer tap, built-in shower cubicle with chrome shower unit, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, low voltage spotlights,chrome heated towel rail.
- LUGGAGE ROOM WITH STORAGE:
- Access to roofspace.
- SPACIOUS LANDING:
- Cornice ceiling, ceiling rose.
- PRINCIPAL SUITE: 6.91m x 4.78m (22' 8" x 15' 8")
- (into bay window). Dual aspect windows, picture rail, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose, marble surround fireplace with granite inset and hearth, gas coal fire. Access to . . .
- LARGE WALK-IN DRESSING ROOM: 5.33m x 4.78m (17' 6" x 15' 8")
- Extensive range of wall to wall built-in wardrobes, dressing area with mirror recess, ceiling rose, picture rail, floor to ceiling radiator. Access to . . .
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Duravit white suite comprising close coupled WC, twin vanity units with chrome mixer taps and cupboards below with mirror recess, walk-in double shower cubicle with double chrome shower unit, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, tiled seating area, marble tiled floor with underfloor heating, chrome heated towel rail, low voltage spotlights.
- BEDROOM (3): 4.39m x 3.07m (14' 5" x 10' 1")
- Picture rail, cornice ceiling, dual aspect windows.
- BEDROOM (4): 4.47m x 4.04m (14' 8" x 13' 3")
- Dual aspect wimdows, picture rail, cornice ceiling.
- Duravit white suite comprising close coupled WC, vanity unit with chrome mixer tap and built-in cabinet below, free standing bath, built-in shower unit with chrome shower and additional attachment, fully tiled walls, marble tiled floor, low voltage spotlights, chrome heated towel rail, underfloor heating.
- LAUNDRY ROOM: 4.78m x 2.29m (15' 8" x 7' 6")
- Range of high and low level units, laminate work surfaces, stainless steel single drainer sink unit, plumbed for washing machine, ceramic tiled floor, part tiled walls, picture rail.
- Beautiful landscaped south facing rear garden laid in extensive lawns with vast array of mature plants, trees and shrubs, box hedging, extensive raised of paved patio areas ideal for barbequing and outdoor entertaining, outside tap. Outhouses with excellent storage for coal and timber.
- GARDEN ROOM: 5m x 3.18m (16' 5" x 10' 5")
- Incorporating gym, insulated and heated, excellent elevated storage, plumbed for water, outdoor socket.
- GYM: 3.2m x 3.15m (10' 6" x 10' 4")
- Dual aspect windows, low voltage spotlights.
- Front driveway with outdoor lighting, accessed via electric gates with ample parking for numerous cars laid in loose stone. Garden with an array of shrubs, mature plants with outdoor lighting, outdoor sockets and electric charging point for car.
First Floor Return
Type of Tenure
Location of 33 Derryvolgie Avenue
Coming out of Belfast on Malone Road turn right onto Derryvolgie and the property is half way down on the right.View Map
Broadband Speed Availability
Recommended for larger than average households who have multiple devices simultaneously streaming, working or browsing online. Also perfect for serious online gamers who want fast speed and no freezing.
Potential speeds in this area
Costs to Consider
Compare home insurance quotes with
Legal Fees Calculator
Making an offer on a property? You will need a solicitor.
Budget now for legal costs by using our fees calculator.
- On the panels of all the mortgage lenders?
- Specialists in Conveyancing?
- Online Case Tracking available?
- Award-winning Client Service?