24 Tullynagee Road, Comber, NEWTOWNARDS, County Down, BT23 5NJ
Description & Features
Located on the periphery of Comber, this impressive property occupies an extensive and notably private site nestled within some of County Down’s most idyllic scenery.
Encompassing a detached, enhanced dwelling, ample gardens, several outbuildings offering potential for commercial use, a purpose-built office / studio plus garaging all set within circa 3.6 acres. Surrounded by mature trees, the property affords a notably private aspect; Approached via a sweeping driveway, the house itself has been the subject of an extensive renovation and conversion that has transformed the property from a standard bungalow to a deceptively spacious family home over 2 floors. Offering a wealth of accommodation, the accommodation is well proportioned and could be easily adapted to suit the occupier’s requirements – May that be additional bedrooms or reception / office space for working from home. The various outbuildings offer potential for commercial use – such as kennels, stables, or studio. The land incorporates 2 paddocks – one positioned either side of the property. We anticipate this aspect will draw interest from a range of prospective purchasers – Whether they are looking for somewhere with potential to run a business from home, or whether they simply come from an equestrian or farming background and are looking for a unique rural property.
An enviable yet convenient location nearby Strangford Lough, an area renowned for its’ outstanding natural beauty. Killinchy is a tranquil village with a well renowned primary school, award winning restaurant and Whiterock Sailing Club for the yachting enthusiast. Located within close proximity to principal routes to Belfast, Dundonald, Downpatrick and Newtownards making it ideal for those wishing to commute yet also seeking a quieter, relaxed pace of living.
- Nestled within County Down countryside affording stunning rural vista
- Impressive, recently extended detached family home with accommodation arranged over 2 floors
- Wealth of accommodation that could be easily adapted to suit the occupier’s requirements
- Kitchen – Shaker style kitchen with matching island
- Living Room with wood burning stove & feature corner window
- Dining Room with multi fuel stove
- Sitting Room with feature corner window
- Rear hallway to utility
- Five well-proportioned bedrooms – (three on ground level, two of first floor)
- Two of the five bedrooms afford ensuite facilities
- Spacious Games Room / Family Room on first floor
- Bathroom on ground level
- Shower room on first floor
- Solar panels - Top of the range thermal store taking feed from solar, oil or log burner
- Zoned heating - Complete rad replacement with thermostatic valves
- Electric timber gates to sweeping tarmac driveway & turning circle
- Double garage with large floored roofspace (Garage currently set up as home gym)
- Additional gardeners’ store / garage
- Large log cabin for wood storage at bottom of field
- Purpose built Office / Studio – With light & power plus concrete area with outdoor tiki bar – An ideal space for both relaxing & entertaining
- Several outbuildings offering potential for commercial use
- All set within approx. 3.6 acres, surrounded by mature trees & affording a notably private aspect, in an area of outstanding beauty
- COVERED PORCH:
- Courtesy light.
- Hardwood front door with side lights to . . .
- CLOAK STORE:
- Feature leaded stained glass window.
- LIVING ROOM: 4.8m x 4.6m (15' 9" x 15' 1")
- Feature wood burning stove with granite hearth, timber sleeper mantle, feature corner window.
- KITCHEN: 6.2m x 3.8m (20' 4" x 12' 6")
- Bespoke Shaker style kitchen with extensive range of high and low level unit with matching island. Rangemaster range cooker, with five ring ceramic hob, double oven and grill, stainless steel extractor fan, stainless steel Franke sink with drainer and mixer tap, island incorporating wine rack, wood block effect worktop, part tiled walls, concealed lighting.
- UTILITY ROOM: 2.1m x 1.7m (6' 11" x 5' 7")
- Stainless steel sink with drainer, plumbed for washing machine, vented for tumble dryer.
- DINING ROOM: 5m x 3.6m (16' 5" x 11' 10")
- Feature multi fuel stove with polished stone fireplace.
- SITTING ROOM: 5m x 3.4m (16' 5" x 11' 2")
- Feature corner window.
- STUDY: 2.8m x 2.7m (9' 2" x 8' 10")
- Single cupboard with louvered door.
- BEDROOM (5): 3m x 3m (9' 10" x 9' 10")
- Three piece suite comprising corner panelled bath with mixer tap and telephone hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low flush wc, part tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, linen cupboard.
- BEDROOM (4): 4.3m x 3m (14' 1" x 9' 10")
- BEDROOM (3): 6.6m x 3.48m (21' 8" x 11' 5")
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with mains shower unit with telephone hand shower and body jets, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low flush wc, fully tiled walls, ceramic tiled floor, extractor fan, window.
- Bespoke oak staircase to . . .
- GAMES ROOM/FAMILY ROOM: 7.6m x 4.7m (24' 11" x 15' 5")
- Velux windows, ample storage in eaves.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with drencher shower and telephone hand shower, round wash hand basin with free standing mixer tap, low flush wc, ceramic tiled floor, extractor fan, Velux window.
- BEDROOM (2): 5m x 3.5m (16' 5" x 11' 6")
- Storage cupboard in eaves.
- BEDROOM (1): 7.4m x 4.4m (24' 3" x 14' 5")
- (at widest points). Eaves storage.
- ENSUITE SHOWER ROOM:
- Fully tiled built-in shower cubicle with mains shower and telephone hand shower, wash hand basin with mixer tap, tiled splash back and low level cupboard, low flush wc, shaver point, ceramic tiled floor, low voltage spotlights, extractor fan, Velux window.
- Electric gates to sweeping tarmac driveway to turning circle.
- ATTACHED GARAGE WITH LARGE ROOFSPACE: 6m x 6m (19' 8" x 19' 8")
- (currently set up as a home gym). Twin electric roller doors, light and power, uPVC double glazed window, door to exterior.
- BOILER HOUSE/CONTROL HOUSE:
- Thermal store heating system with solar panel control, (Photovoltic solar panels - owned).
- LARGE OUTBUILDING/STORAGE FACILITY:
- Offers potential for commercial use such as art studio or engineering workshop, previously used as stables. Contains kitchen area, plumbed for washing machine, includes sockets for electrical devices.
- HOME OFFICE: 4.5m x 3.4m (14' 9" x 11' 2")
- Timber structure, uPBV double glazed doors, low voltage spotlights, light and power, concrete area with Tiki bar.
- LEAN TO GARAGE/GARDENERS STORE: 4.1m x 3.5m (13' 5" x 11' 6")
- Timber doors, light and power.
- LARGE LOG CABIN LOCATED AT BOTTOM OF FIELD:
- Wood storage.
- Land extends to circa 3.6 acres, two paddocks, one positioned either side of the property.
Type of Tenure
Location of 24 Tullynagee Road
From Killinchy Road roundabout, continue South along Killinchy Road. Tullynagee Road is approx 2 miles along on the right hand side. Number 24 is positioned on the left hand side.View Map
Current Energy Rating
Potential Energy Rating
Costs to Consider
Compare home insurance quotes with
Legal Fees Calculator
Making an offer on a property? You will need a solicitor.
Budget now for legal costs by using our fees calculator.
- On the panels of all the mortgage lenders?
- Specialists in Conveyancing?
- Online Case Tracking available?
- Award-winning Client Service?