**GREAT VALUE OF MONEY **
· Delightful modern country home on a fabulous site with spectacular lough views
· Views over the mouth of Strangford Lough towards Lecale and The Mountains of Mourne
· Constructed, finished and presented to an exceptionally high standard throughout
· Beautiful mature landscaped gardens offering a high degree of privacy
· Large drawing room open plan to dining room and with double doors to the garden room
· Spacious well fitted kitchen with casual dining area and wood burning stove, utility room and wash house
· Three ground floor double bedrooms, one with ensuite bathroom, separate shower rom
· Two further bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor
· PVC double glazed window frames, oil fired central heating and alarm system
· Detached matching garage
· Close to all the amenities of Portaferry including shops, restaurants, marina, Portico Arts Centre and monthly market
· A few minutes from secluded sandy beaches and The National Trusts Ballyquintin Farm
· Regular ferry to Strangford giving access to Downpatrick and other parts of County Down
· Less than an hour from Belfast via Newtownards
The sale of this very special property represents an excellent opportunity to purchase a modern home with breathtaking views in one of Northern Irelands most beautiful locations.
The house has been thoughtfully designed and constructed to the highest of standards using high quality materials and workmanship. The finishes throughout are all of an exceptionally high standard and the property has been tastefully presented and meticulously maintained.The accommodation is of an excellent layout and will appeal to a variety of purchasers.
What makes this home really stand out are the views over The Narrows (the mouth of Strangford Lough) towards Strangford and Kilclief with a dramatic backdrop of the Mountains of Mourne. This is an ever changing view which one would never tire of.
The popular village of Potaferry is just along the road and continues to see regeneration. The popular hotel and Saling Club are great places to enjoy a meal overlooking the lough and the marina. The recently opened Portico Arts Centre hosts a variety of cultural events throughout the year and the monthly market is a popular addition. This area is a haven for artists and musicians. With its sandy beaches and dramatic scenery there is plenty of inspiration.
This home is sure to attract interest from those who appreciate views, comfort and quality finishes in a stunning location less than an hour from Belfast.
Mahogany double entrance doors with leaded glazed side panels
Reception Hall -
Oak flooring, cornicing and ceiling rose
Drawing Room - 17’10” x 17’10”
Mahogany fireplace surround with marble inset and hearth and open fire, cornicing and ceiling rose
Open plan Dining Room – 15’4” x 10’2”
Cornicing and ceiling rose. Glazed mahogany double doors to -
Sun Room – 10’3” x 7’8”
Windows on three sides with panoramic views
Garden Room – 12’0” x 12’0”
Glazed mahogany double doors and side panels from Drawing Room. Tiled floor and vaulted pine ceiling. French doors to garden. Panoramic views.
Kitchen with Casual Dining Area – 18’4” x 14’0” (plus bay window)
Excellent range of oak Shaker style units with polished granite work surfaces. Inset one and a half bowl Frankee stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, Bosch double oven and Hotpoint ceramic hob with stainless steel extractor hood , plumbing for dishwasher. Concealed lighting and recessed spot lights. Maple flooring and cream Valiant wood burning stove.
Rear Hall – 7’3” x 6’0”
High and low level Shaker style units and tiled floor
Cloakroom – 6’0” x 5’0”
low flush toilet, wash hand basin, tiled floor and extractor fan.
Rear lobby –
Steps down to side entrance door and -
Utility Room – 12’5” x 10’9”
oil fired boiler, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer and chest freezer
Bedroom 1 – 13’4” x 11’0”
Bay window overlooking garden. Built in wardrobe with mirrored sliding doors.
Ensuite Bathroom – 9’6” x 4’6”
White suite with chrome fittings comprising panelled corner bath with mixer tap and hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling
Bedroom 2 – 13’9” x 9’0”
Lough views, built in wardrobe with mirrored sliding doors
Bedroom 3 – 13’9” x 9’0”
Lough views, built in wardrobe with under stairs storage
Shower Room – 8’4” x 5’9”
Large shower enclosure with Triton power shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet
Recessed spot lights and wall light point, double glazed skylight and large under eaves storage cupboard.
Bedroom 4 – 12’6” x 10’9”
Double glazed skylight
Bedroom 5 – 15’6” x 8’2”
Double glazed skylight and under eaves storage
Bathroom – 10’4” x 5’2”
White suite with chrome fittings comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Wall and floor tiling, chrome heated towel rail and double glazed skylight.
Double entrance gates, sweeping tarmac driveway and generous parking area.
Detached Matching Garage - light and power
Delightful landscaped gardens laid out in lawns, trees, shrubs, fruit trees and flowerbeds and patio areas. Panoramic views
Oil tank, outside lighting and water tap