- STABLE FRONT DOOR.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Redwood floor, tongue & groove ceiling, built-in bookshelves.
- DRAWING ROOM: 5.79m x 3.78m (19' 0" x 12' 5")
- Redwood flooring, tongue & groove ceiling, hand painted tiled fireplace with brass trim, pine surround, stone hearth, recessed shelving to either side. Door to . . .
- CONSERVATORY: 6.63m x 4.47m (21' 9" x 14' 8")
- Opening into the Boot Room and the Drawing Room, this spacious hardwood conservatory by North West Joinery (Hampton Conservatories) can be entered via double doors from a south-facing terrace off the garden and provides an elegant setting for welcoming guests and for relaxation. Terracotta tiled floor.
- BOOTROOM: 7.16m x 3.68m (23' 6" x 12' 1")
- A large back entrance hall, accessed from the court-yard garden to the rear, invaluable for kicking off boots, hanging up coats, washing vegetables and arranging flowers!
Inevitably used as the main entrance to the cottage, this also has a wood-burning stove to offer a warm welcome to guests and to dry wet winter coats and boots, and a large, Victorian "garden sink". Tongue and groove ceiling, quarry tiled floor, built-in cupboard. Access to roof space (partially floored).
- Low flush wc, wash hand basin, quarry tiled floor, door to rear.
- LARGE LIVING KITCHEN: 7.8m x 7.57m (25' 7" x 24' 10")
- (at widest points) With an Aga stove; separate cooker with gas hob and electric ovens, island unit with circular stainless steel sink unit, solid wood work surfaces and low level units, York stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. Its high, vaulted ceiling gives a feeling of generous space to this large family kitchen, designed for comfortable sitting and informal dining. The kitchen is complemented by an adjoining pantry/scullery.
- Excellent range of high & low level units, ceramic tiled floor, Belfast sink unit with mixer taps, solid wood work surfaces, integrated dishwasher, feature stained glass sash window. Cupboard housing hot water tank.
- STUDY/DINING ROOM: 7.52m x 3.25m (24' 8" x 10' 8")
- The kitchen opens into a winter Sitting Room/study or Morning Room, also with a wood-burning stove, which could also be used as a separate formal Dining Room. This room opens directly on to a terrace at the front of the house, west-facing to catch the last rays of the sun. Solid wood flooring, tongue & groove ceiling, access to roof space.
- MASTER SUITE: 4.65m x 4.09m (15' 3" x 13' 5")
- Victorian open coal fire, French window to secluded "evening" terrace.
- Fired Earth suite comprising ball and claw foot bath, large fully tiled shower enclosure with chrome "rain" shower head, feature vanitory unit, bidet, low flush wc, limestone floor, tongue and groove ceiling, chrome heated towel rail, cast iron fireplace.
- DRESSING ROOM:
- Excellent range of built-in storage by Elfa.
- BEDROOM (2): 4.39m x 3.48m (14' 5" x 11' 5")
- (at widest points) Delightful rural views.
- BEDROOM (3): 4.27m x 3.48m (14' 0" x 11' 5")
- Delightful rural views.
- BEDROOM (4): 3.48m x 3.43m (11' 5" x 11' 3")
- Delightful rural views.
- GUEST BATHROOM:
- White suite comprising feature ball & claw foot bath with mixer taps, corner shower with electric Triton shower unit, low flush wc, bidet, wash hand basin, feature vertical radiator, tongue & groove ceiling, half panelled walls, solid pine floor.
- Sweeping driveway to Cottage.
Alongside the avenue to the house is a large building with a stable, and space for boats and cars. The grounds are landscaped and include newly planted plane trees and a small apple and pear orchard.
The ringfort itself, which dates to the 9th century, is entered by steps up from the courtyard garden, a perfect half-acre circle with mature trees surrounding it and a large Victorian green house with grapevine and peach tree. On the embankment of the fort, overlooking the enclosed garden of the principal dwelling, sits the two-storey Victorian "Spy House" (it's a long story!), with sitting room/writing room/playroom above, and wash-house and kitchen store/utility room below..