Ashdene, 14 Killinchy Road, Comber, NEWTOWNARDS, County Down, BT23 5SP
Description & Features
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a handsome Scrabo stone detached residence in mature setting measuring 2.9 acres with spectacular manicured gardens, tennis court and swimming pool in the countryside, only a few minutes from Comber town centre.
The property exudes original features throughout including high ceilings, ornate cornices, corbels, ceiling roses and original fireplace surrounds. The bright and deceptive accommodation comprises; vestibule with original tiled floor, impressive entrance hall, generous formal drawing/dining room with open fire and original ornate surround, living room with open fire with original ornate surround, kitchen with casual dining space for 6 people leading to snug and conservatory with double doors open onto the extensive private gardens. In addition, on the ground floor the property offers a gym/office space, large cloakroom with separate WC, store room, utility room and expansive greenhouse accessed off the entrance hall or drawing room. The fully fitted kitchen has an excellent selection of built in cupboards and drawers and a two oven Rayburn stove.
Upstairs there are 6 bedrooms, including master and guest suites both with ensuite bathrooms, and additional annex accessed off the rear staircase with living room, kitchenette and bedroom. Additional rooms are located on the Second Floor which have a range of potential uses including storage. Where the interior accommodation of this fine home is outstanding, the outside of this property simply stunning. The property includes a tree line driveway with electric gates leading to the house set in extensive grounds with car parking and turning areas and a four car garage. There is a former stable block to the rear with the potential for four stables, additional outbuildings and tarmac / gravel tennis court. The stunning gardens to the side and rear are laid in lawns with patios, colourful flowerbeds, mature trees and pathways leading to an enclosed arboretum making this a beautiful setting. The property also boasts a magnificent outdoor heated swimming pool and pool house.
Although this property is positioned in the heart of the countryside, Comber is just a few minutes’ drive and Newtownards, Killinchy and Belfast are all within a suitable commuting distance. Contact our North Down office to arrange a private appointment at your convenience.
- Charming Scrabo stone detached residence in a mature setting measuring circa 2.9 acres
- Only minutes from Comber Town centre, Newtownards and Killinchy
- Bright and deceptive accommodation throughout
- The property retains many original features throughout including high ceilings, ornate cornices, corbels, ceiling roses and original fireplace surrounds
- Four reception areas including generous formal drawing/dining room, living room, snug and conservatory
- Additional study /gym on the ground floor
- Country style kitchen with excellent range of units, 2 oven Rayburn and a further range of integrated appliances
- Six bedrooms, including master and guest suites both with ensuite bathrooms
- Annex accessed off the rear staircase with living room, kitchenette and bedroom
- Externally the property includes a tree lined driveway with electric gates leading to extensive car parking and turning area
- Mature landscaped grounds in lawns with bordered colourful flowerbeds, trees and shrubs
- Pathways to tennis court, swimming pool and arboretum
- Former stable block to the rear with four stables and additional outbuildings/sheds
- Comber is just a few minutes’ drive and Newtownards, Killinchy and Belfast are all within a suitable commuting distance
First Floor Return
SEPARATE ANNEX: ACCESSED OFF REAR STAIRCASE:
Type of Tenure