Laurel House, 121 Knock Road, Belfast, Antrim, BT5 6LG
Description & Features
One of the primary goals in the design of Laurel House, was to create an aesthetically traditional building, while also producing an energy efficient house. Making use of modern technologies, the house will be an environmentally low impact home, reducing energy needs and lowering the carbon footprint of the building.
The incorporated solar technology and battery storage will take away some reliance on fossil fuels with a significant portion of the electric being home generated.
Laurel House is a 2427sqft detached house in the Knock Road area of East Belfast consisting of four double bedrooms and three bathrooms, an open plan kitchen living and dining room with an additional two more reception rooms on the ground floor. There is also the option of an additional two rooms and a shower room on a third floor.
Solar tiles are the latest innovation in the field of clean and renewable energy.
A solar tile combines traditional roofing properties with the technical properties of solar panel. Solar tiles are used to generate electricity by using sunlight. Solar cells are fixed in the solar tiles which absorbs the sunlight and transforms it into usable electricity.
In recent years, technical researches have made it possible to modify solar panels and to give them a real shape in the form of a solar tile.
The Nulok Solar energy output per solar tile has increased by 12%, providing more solar power from the same roof area.
Nulok Solar Tiles are often referred to as “hidden energy” as they are fitted into the roof without compromising the roofline, unlike old fashioned solar racks that often ruin the appearance of the house. Nulok Solar will pay for itself and future proof the resale price of your home in year’s to come
- A low carbon eco detached family home in East Belfast.
- Constructed to a forward thinking and energy efficient standard which will minimise energy costs
- Latest technology with aesthetically pleasing Solar tiles.
- Accommodation set over 2 floors extending to over 2427 sq with stairs to the third floor luggage room
- Large Open planned kitchen/dining, living room and family room
- Family room with large double windows to front
- Study wiith doors to rear garden
- Utility room and WC also on ground floor
- Master Bedroom with dressing room and ensuite
- 3 double bedrooms on first floor
- 2 bathrooms
- South facing rear garden
- Generous allowance for kitchen & utility room
- Work with our specialist designer to create a personal bespoke kitchen & utility room
- INTERNAL FEATURES
- Internal walls, ceilings and woodwork painted
- Deep moulded skirting boards and architraves
- Traditional 4 panel internal doors with quality ironmongery
- Comprehensive range of electrical sockets and switches, TV points, telephone points , USB points and cat 6 points
- Wiring for satellite connection
- Equipped with High-Speed Ethernet cables
- Kingspan ULTIMA wall panels
- Sound proofing to bedrooms
- Mixture of recessed down lighters and pendant light sockets
- Security alarm
- Mains smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- 9 ft high ceilings throughout ground floor
- Feature cornicing to entrance / reception hall and living room
- Beam mechanical heat recovery and ventilation system
- A cut string and bull nose staircase to both the first and second floor
- Full fibre telephone/broadband line
- BATHROOMS, EN SUITES & WC’S
- Generous allowance for sanitary ware
- Work with our specialist bathroom team to create tailor-made bathrooms, en suites & WC
- EXTERNAL FEATURES
- Garden to be seeded
- Bitmac driveway
- uPVC triple glazed windows with lockable system
- Composite front door
- Outside water tap
- A mix of mature hedging and boundary fencing to side and rear (depending on the site)
- Outside socket
- Feature external lighting to front door
- Site Measurements - 20m x 31.5m (approx)
- Global Home 10 year warranty
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS:
- Electric Car Charging points
- Second Floor, Two bedrooms and bathroom • Wooden Window Shutters
- 10 Kwh household battery storage
Type of Tenure