The subject is located in the centre of Kilcoo, a small village in County Down.
Kilcoo has a population of 1,415 according to the 2001 Census and has a small number of amenities including a primary school and filling station. The village is situated 4 miles south–west of Castlewellan and 7 miles west of Newcastle, with both villages having a large number of shops, eateries and leisure facilities to enjoy.
The subject comprises a two storey detached former Parochial House that sits adjacent to St Malachy’s Church which was built in 1802. The house has double glazing and oil fired central heating, with high ceilings and grand marble fireplaces in a number of rooms.
On the ground floor there is a kitchen, formal and informal dining rooms, study, bathroom and separate WC. On the first floor landing there is a bedroom with private sitting room and a bathroom. The first floor accommodation comprises kitchen, living room and bedroom with ensuite.
Externally the house sits on approximately 0.8 acres, with a tarmac driveway to the front and mature gardens to the side of the property. Additionally there is a two storey outbuilding with a lean–to at the rear of the property.