Quoile Quay House, 112 Strangford Road, Downpatrick, BT30 7JD
Description & Features
Nestled peacefully within one of Northern Irelands many Areas of Outstanding Beauty, we welcome you to Quoile Quay House. Whether it be springtime when the daffodils are out, early summer with the splendid cherry blossoms or the uninterrupted surrounding views of the Mourne mountians, Slieve Croob, St Patrick’s Monument in Saul or the spire of Down Cathedral, you will not be disappointed. This stunning property is approached through the Quoile Nature Reserve, yet it is minutes from the historic town of Downpatrick, a short drive from Strangford village and only 45 minutes from the city of Belfast. Quoile Quay House truly has something for everyone. Built in 1959 by Sir Robert Mc Connell and tastefully remodelled by the present owners in 2003, credit must be awarded for the attention to detail. The property was built in the era of mahogany and while it holds many of its original features including cornicing, original flooring, fireplaces, butler’s pantry, a small wine cellar, it offers flexible and adaptable accommodation for the ever-changing modern world. Currently being used as four en-suite bedrooms, two studies and four receptions, it could easily be converted into a six bedroomed property with ample entertaining reception rooms. We believe that this property will appeal to even the most discerning purchaser and therefore we invite you to take time out to truly appreciate what is on offer.
- A delightful, detached country home proudly positioned on an elevated site overlooking the River Quoile and Strangford Lough minutes from Downpatrick town centre, and 35 minutes commuting to Belfast.
- Panoramic views of the Mourne Mountains, Dromara Hills, Strangford Lough, Quoile River, Slieve Croob and Down Cathedral.
- Four well-presented and proportioned bedrooms each with private bathrooms, six receptions rooms including drawing room, sunroom, dining room and lounge.
- Two extra ground floor bedrooms currently used as studies with shared facilities.
- Versatile adaptable living interior accommodation.
- Modern fitted kitchen with AGA and LACONCHE cooking facilities, dining area opening onto front gardens via glazed doors.
- Utility room and cloakroom on the ground floor.
- Spacious lounge with stunning views of the countryside adjacent to kitchen with woodburning stove.
- Ground floor bedroom with ensuite facilities overlooking the river Quoile.
- Three spacious well-presented bedrooms on the first floor with two ensuite bathrooms and a large family bathroom and dressing area.
- Oil fired central heating and double-glazed windows throughout.
- Adjoining paddock and stable block of approximately four acres.
- Private driveway approaching the front exterior surrounded by the beautiful countryside, mature trees and shrubs and magnificent gardens. Shared lane approaching the property to the rear.
Type of Tenure