The Boat is a prestigious new development located on the Laganside adjacent to
Custom House Square.
The Boat is a 14 storey building that comprises a bar and restaurant on the ground and first floor, offices on the eight floors above and eight luxury apartments on the top four levels.
All eight luxury penthouse apartments have panoramic views over Belfast City Centre, The River Lagan and Belfast Lough. The apartments on the tenth floor have external terraces and those on levels 11 to 13 have balconies. The top floor apartments on level 13 are double height with 20ft high floor to ceiling windows and additional spectacular galleried mezzanine accommodation on each. The highly sought after riverside location is within easy walking distance from the City Centre, the Waterfront Hall and the Odyssey Complex as well as some of Belfast’s best bars, restaurants and shopping opportunities. This historic area has seen significant development, firmly establishing the area as one of Belfast’s premier addresses.
The architectural design has produced a stunning and highly contemporary building, which will feature glass frontages and self-weathering timber louvers that will encircle and provide solar shading for the entire building.
SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
• The Boat Apartments boast Secure underground car parking, accessed from street level car lift,
• Double height entrance foyer on Custom House Square,
• Served by 2 high speed lifts, one of which is dedicated exclusively to apartment use at peak times.
• Video entry communications to each apartment. Operation may be via the video screen handset or any television in the apartment.
• Phoenix natural gas heating.
• Floor to ceiling double glazing to enjoy the magnificent views of the Lagan, Belfast Lough and the surrounding city and countryside.
• Mood Lighting control system offering a selection of different mood, scene and dimming settings in each apartment.
• The Exterior of this beautiful building will have External Balconies and Terraces, overlooking the River Lagan, floored in ribbed Iroko, with underfloor feature lighting.
• Stunning Italian kitchens by Ernestomeda
• Breakfast bar for casual dining
• American style fridge freezer with filtered water and ice dispenser.
• Stylish, quality, built-in appliances by Miele – Oven, Hob, Microwave Oven with Grill, Washer Dryer and Dishwasher.
• Fully tiled walls with feature tiling by Porcelanosa.
• Porcelanosa sanitary ware and fittings.
• Twin wash hand basins in main bathrooms.
• Reception Areas – High glazed tiling
• Main Lounge – Wide plank timber
• Kitchen and bathrooms – Porcelanosa tiling
• Bedrooms – Carpet
Home Technology System
• State of the Art package providing superb quality music, video and data flow throughout each apartment. Hi tech, hi spec, yet extremely easy to use.
• Listen to, watch and control different audio and video sources (e.g. CD, Radio, iPod, TV, DVD, Sky, PC ) in every room of your apartment.
• 5.1 surround sound in main lounge.
• Ceiling loudspeakers fitted in every room, bathroom and kitchen.
• Discreet wall mounted LCD colour controllers in each room.
• iPod docking station.
• Category 5 wiring, Broadband and HDTV access provided throughout.
• Extra double data points in all rooms ( for laptops, wifi sticks etc.).
• Local input plates in all rooms ( for additional source equipment – iPod, CD, DVD etc.)
Equipment supplied includes
• Powerful multi-channel amplifier
• Radio Tuner
• Multiplay CD player
• DVD player
• Large Screen LCD/Plasma TV in Loung
• 19” LCD/Plasma TV in Master Bedroom
Totally flexible, hidden technology – supplied, fitted, wired and ready to go.
• External Balconies and Terraces, overlooking the River Lagan, floored in ribbed Iroko, with underfloor feature lighting.
PR Lterature For The Boat.....
Ireland’s leading employment solutions company – The Grafton Employment Group PLC is to locate its international headquarters at the Boat. Commenting on the move, Cathy McCorry, Managing Director, Grafton Employment Group Ireland said:
“We are delighted to be opening our new Global Headquarters in this iconic building. The Boat reflects the innovative nature of our organization and provides superb facilities for our growing business. The Boat rivals our offices in Prague, Santiago and Dubai for light, space and location. It is certainly the jewel in our crown. We look forward to moving in.”
PUBLICITY - BBC / UTV / BELFAST TELEGRAPH
The apartments in the Boat were voted 2nd most desirable residence to live in Northern Ireland in 2010 beating places like Gilford Castle, the 300 acre Mountpanther Estate and Jane Burnside's Origami House. No other apartments were listed in Belfast Telegraph’s top 10.
The top Penthouse was recently used by the First Minister of Northern Ireland, Peter Robinson, to record his party’s Party Political Broadcast with the backdrop of fabulous views of Belfast.
The Penthouse was also used by the BBC to film the judging and decision making of the team of experts in Northern Ireland’s equivalent of Grand Designs. It is to be broadcasted over six weeks in February 2011.
UTV also featured a documentary on the Boat in October and brought the new model Ferrari along to demonstrate the Boat's unique car lift, the only one in Ireland, and then filmed the apartments and highlighted and demonstrated the high quality finish and fabulous views.
The Boat was described by Margaret Ritchie, Minister for Social Development, as a Beacon of Hope for Northern Ireland.
The Boat’s corporate rental potential is huge, with major companies such as Citigroup undertaking a major expansion of its current operation in the nearby Titanic Quarter, Belfast.
Northern Ireland’s leading economist Mike Smyth commented in the Irish News that even in today’s current market the apartments in the Boat represent a good investment, as there will be nothing like them again for many years.