The Tenancy Deposit Schemes Regulations
3rd Jan 2013
Landlords be aware of new Legislation in Northern Ireland affecting you.
You are ultimately responsible for compliance with the legislation and not your agent.
The Landlord Association of Northern Ireland is holding a meeting for landlords and agents to learn more about the Tenancy Deposit Scheme on Wednesday 16 January 2013 at 7.30pm in Wellington Park Hotel 21, Malone Road, Belfast.
If you are a landlord, it is vital that you are aware of the requirement of The Tenancy Deposit Schemes Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012 introduced by the Private Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 2006. All deposits taken on or after a date in early 2013 (to be determined) will be subject to the tenancy deposit regulations introduced by the Act.
Failure to comply with the regulations may cost a landlord dearly.
Under the regulations, landlords are required to do the following:
- Protect their tenant's deposit by using either a recognised Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme or Insurance Based Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Protect the deposit within 14 days of it being paid by the tenant.
To find out more about your obligations, please attend the Landlord Association of Northern Ireland’s meeting on Wednesday 16th January 2013.
This meeting is open to all landlords.
Entrance Fee £20.00 - At the door
Members of the Landlords' Association of Northern Ireland enter free
If you wish to become a member you can either register on the night or sign up at http://www.lani.org.uk/
If you have any further questions please contact Joy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All Categories
- Buying & Selling Advice for Homeowners (47)
- Commercial (35)
- Dream Homes (56)
- Estate Agent Profiles (18)
- Getting to Know Our Agents (18)
- Home Finder (20)
- Homeowner Tips from Property News (4)
- Interiors and Exteriors (58)
- Land & Sites (6)
- Mortgages & Money (50)
- New Homes (45)
- Property Conversions (1)
- Property Industry News in Northern Ireland (264)
- Propertynews.com (34)
- Renting & Letting (22)
- Weekly Top 10 Most Viewed Properties (27)
Use the link below to add the blog feed to your favourite RSS reader.