· Modern cottage overlooking a lake and set in beautiful grounds extending to over 2 acres
· Spacious accommodation suited to a variety of purchasers
· Large living room with vaulted ceiling, modern wood burning stove and views over lake
· Bright and spacious dining hall with vaulted ceiling
· Separate family room with multi fuel stove
· Large country kitchen with Stanley range and French doors to terrace and gardens
· Utility / boot room with tiled floor and door to outside
· Ground floor bedroom with adjoining study, ground floor bathroom
· Three first floor bedrooms, master with ensuite bathroom and walk in wardrobe and second with ensuite shower room
· Economical and environmentally friendly heat pump central heating system (with several years payback still to come)
· PVC double glazed window frames, good levels of insulation
· Delightful gardens in lawns, trees, kitchen garden, shrubs and flowerbeds
· Grounds extend to well over 2 acres. A paddock could easily be created.
· Gardens lead down to a lake which is shared with neighbours
· Close to Strangford village, the neighbouring Castle Ward estate and Strangford Sailing Club
· Convenient to coastal and country walks, sandy beaches etc.
· A few minutes from Downpatrick and excellent schooling (on a bus route)
· Approximately 45 minutes from Belfast
This unique home offers a wonderful lifestyle in a beautiful setting. The original cottage was totally rebuilt and then extended in the 1990s to provide a stylish and adaptable home which fits well into the attractive natural setting beside a small lake which is home to a variety of wildlife.
The heart of the home is the country style kitchen with its range cooker. There is plenty of room for casual dining and relaxing in this room and it is complemented by the bright and spacious living accommodation with its vaulted ceilings and extensive use of natural wood. One of the four bedrooms and a bathroom are on the ground floor and the other three, two of which have ensuites are upstairs.
Outside the mature grounds extend to over 2 acres and lead down to a beautiful lake. The gardens offer a high degree of privacy and there is plenty of room for a paddock to the rear.
This delightful property is a couple of miles from Strangford which is one of Northern Irelands most popular and picturesque villages. Here you can find a good range of shops and restaurants as well as a primary school and of course the ferry to Portaferry. The neighbouring National Trust property of Castle Ward is a year round attraction and offers facilities for walking, cycling and kayaking. It leads down to the shores of Strangford Lough where you will find Strangford Sailing Club. There are also a number of good golf clubs within easy reach as well as beaches. The busy town of Downpatrick is within a ten minute drive and Belfast is approximately 45 minutes away by car.
This very individual property is sure to attract interest. To begin to appreciate all that is on offer we recommend viewing.
Pine entrance door with glazed side panelsGROUND FLOOR
Entrance Hall – 10’0” x 6’4”
Oak flooring, spot lights, large cloaks cupboard and access to small roofspace
Living Room – 19’4” x 15’4”
Feature vaulted pine ceiling, Large window overlooking garden and lake, two sets of sliding patio doors to terrace and gardens, contemporary wood burning stove with tiled hearth and solid oak flooring
Dining Hall – 17’6” x 14’10”
Feature vaulted pine ceiling with conservation roof lights, solid maple flooring, garden views and door to rear hall
Family Room – 15’8” x 12’10”
Large walk in square bay window, multi fuel stove with tiled hearth, tiled floor, spot lighting and door to Utility
Kitchen with casual dining and living area – 17’8” x 16’4”
Feature vaulted pine, Stanley oil fired range cooker, single drainer 1.5 tub stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, good range of light oak Shaker style units, integrated dishwasher and fridge freezer and shelved larder cupboards. Casual dining and living area with maple flooring and French doors to terrace and garden.
Utility/Boot Room – 12’6” x 8’10”
Under stairs storage and shelving, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, range of built in units and shelving, paved floor. Danfoss central heating heat pump cylinder. Door to outside
Rear Hall –
Maple flooring and stairs to first floor
Office/ dressing room – 11’4” X 8’4”
Bedroom 4 – 11’4” x 9’10”
Oak flooring, built in storage incorporating wardrobe shelving and concealed wash hand basin.
Bathroom - 8’0” x 6’10”
Traditional white suite with chrome fittings comprising bath with painted tongue and groove panel, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Spot lights and maple flooring.
Suntube giving natural light
Master Bedroom – 16’0” x 8’10
Dressing room with hanging space and shelving
Ensuite Bathroom – 8’10” x 6’0”
White suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Mosaic wall and floor tiling and radiator with heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 – 11’6” x 11’4”
Built in wardrobe and access to roofspace
Ensuite shower room – 8’6” x 6’0”
White suite comprising large fully tiled shower enclosure with chrome shower fitting, pedestal wash hand basin and low flush toilet. Extractor fan.
Bedroom 3 – 15’8” x 8’10”
Maple flooring and built in cupboards
Lane shared with two other properties leading to driveway. Parking area.
Mature grounds extend to over two acres and are laid out in lawns, trees, shrubs and flowerbeds. There is a kitchen garden with greenhouse. The property over looks the lake which owned jointly with neighbouring properties. To the rear the extent of the land is in grass and trees and could be sectioned off to provide a paddock if desired.
Outside water tap and lighting
Shed/Workshop – 20’0” x 11’6”
Electric power points